Pioneers Europe is legally a department of the Dutch foundation Arabische Wereld Zending (AWZ) and is focused on sending missionaries from across Europe to the unreached in Europe and around the world. You can visit the AWZ site to inquire further about legal and privacy concerns.
Privacy Statement of Foundation AWZ
AWZ, Dutch foundation with the aim of Christian mission among the least reached peoples worldwide, is organized in two mobilisation offices: Pioneers Nederland and Pioneers Europe. Both offices are located in the Netherlands and are organizationally part of mission organization Pioneers International. Both offices process personal data and other data which is necessary for its proper functioning in accordance with the applicable legislation, in particular the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
We find your privacy very important and deal confidentially and carefully with your personal information. Your personal data will only be used by ourselves or on our behalf by a processor on the basis of a processor agreement. Your personal data will not be made available to third parties, not sold, not rented, not given away, unless required by law or a court order.
Below is clear and transparent information about what you can expect from us and what rules we maintain.
This privacy statement applies to the processing of personal data from:
- Data obtained in connection with your visit to and use of our websites.
- Donors, supporters, recipients of newsletters and prayer mail, or all supporters of AWZ in a general sense.
- AWZ office workers, field workers, board members, each with their specific group of supporters and sending relations.
- Facilitating services and relations of AWZ.
- Working contacts with (mother) mission organization Pioneers International
Categories of collected personal data
The personal data collected by AWZ include both ordinary and special data within the meaning of the GDPR.
Normal data are in particular contact details (name, telephone, email, etc.) as well as bank details.
Special data are personal details of AWZ workers as needed by the mobilisation offices, missionary sending, field placements, membercare and donations/salaries processing, such as religious, medical, contractual and financial data, but also special data on living conditions, education, safety and identity.
AWZ does not collect and process data other than strictly necessary to achieve its purpose.
AWZ only collects and processes personal data of minors (persons under the age of 16) if written permission has been given by the parent, caretaker or legal representative.
Processing your data
The processing of personal data is done by AWZ itself or by a processor with whom
AWZ has concluded a processing agreement in accordance with the GDPR.
- The processor agreement stipulates at least:
- Purpose of processing.
- Personal data provided.
- What the processing actually means.
- How the data is delivered.
- What happens to the data after processing.
- The rights and obligations of AWZ and processor. If the processor engages a sub-processor, the sub-processor must also at least comply with the processor's agreement.
Normally AWZ will ask for your explicit permission for the processing of your data. In addition AWZ can appeal to a legitimate interest. In case of a calamity or emergency AWZ can also carry out processing on the basis of a vital or general interest. AWZ will at all times comply with the legal GDPR rules for the processing of your personal data.
View, change or delete data
At any time you can request access to the data we have recorded about you or have it changed or deleted.
AWZ is obliged to request proof of identity before we can provide you with information about your personal data in our records. You can submit your request in writing (by letter or email), addressed to AWZ, with your name, address, telephone number, and a copy of your valid proof of identity.
In principle AWZ will respond to your request for inspection, correction or deletion within 4 weeks. In any case AWZ will comply with a request for removal as soon as possible, unless and insofar as the law obliges to retain the relevant personal data or (other) urgent reasons oppose removal.
You always have the right to file a complaint with the Dutch Data Protection Authority.
Personal data will not be stored for longer than is strictly necessary for the purpose for which the data have been recorded by AWZ.
- Data of AWZ board members and workers (including their specific staffing relationships) is retained for as long as the working relationship exists and the financial settlement has not yet fully taken place.
- Data of general support services, supporters and donors is retained for as long as the data is necessary for the purpose for which the data was recorded, unless earlier cancellation takes place.
- Data required to meet legal retention obligations is retained for as long as required by law. In compliance with the Tax and Customs Administration obligation data is retained for a maximum of 7 years.
As soon as the storage of personal data is no longer strictly necessary, this data will be destroyed, both digitally and paper.
Registration, change of address or unsubscription of newsletters, prayer mail or donor
You can register, deregister, change address and/or transfer bank details to the administration of AWZ at any time. You can send your wishes/changes to AWZ by telephone, however preferably by email. See our contact details at the end of this privacy statement.
Visit of our websites
AWZ has taken several technical and organizational measures to protect personal data against loss or any form of unlawful processing. This includes for example, encryption, secure access and storage of data and email, periodic reliability checks, application of safety clauses and physical and administrative security measures. In this way we ensure that personal data is only accessible by employees who are authorized to do so because of their function and that we only use the personal data for the purposes for which they were obtained and with view on compatible purposes.
AWZ realizes that, however adequate the security may be, there can never be a 100% guarantee that a breach of the system is excluded. A data leak (unwanted data loss/data processing, deliberate or non-deliberate) can always occur. Therefore AWZ has an internal data breach procedure based on the regulations of the Dutch Data Protection Authority, which is mandatory when a data breach is detected or reported.
Our contact details for questions/comments/ complaints regarding the processing of personal data are:
Attn Mr. Marin van Esterik, Privacy Officer
Postbus 57, 1619 ZH Andijk, Netherlands
T: +31 228-592020